Hong Kong Labour Department to Hold Job Fair for Middle-aged and Elderly Employment

September 22, 20168:53 am1535 views

The Hong Kong Labour Department will be holding a large-scale job fair at Yau Tong Community Hall on September 22 and 23. Focusing on the theme of “Middle-aged and Elderly Employment”, the job fair aims to enhance the employment opportunities for mature job seekers.

A total of 46 organisations, mainly from the catering, retail and business services industries, offering about 2,500 vacancies, will participate at the fair. Participating organisations will set up counters and conduct on-the-spot recruitment.

The vacancies offered cover a wide variety of positions such as clerk, Chinese medicine dispenser, customer service ambassador, domestic helper, shop assistant, cinema staff, cook, waiter/waitress, security guard, technician, driver, cleaner and more. Job seekers can find more information on the department’s Interactive Employment Service website.

See: Hong Kong Labour Department Strengthens Employment Support for Job Seekers with Disabilities

Around 70 percent of the vacancies are full-time jobs, most of which offer monthly salaries ranging from $8,000 to $16,000. The remaining 30 percent of the vacancies are part-time jobs, with more flexible working hours.

About 97 percent of the vacancies require a Secondary Six education level or below. Around 75 percent are open to job seekers who may lack relevant experience. Job seekers can submit applications on the spot and may be selected for on-site interviews. They can also register for employment services at the Labour Department’s counter.

The job fair will be held from 11am to 5.30pm at Yau Tong Community Hall, 38 Ko Chiu Road, Yau Tong, Kowloon. Admission is free.

Also read: Hong Kong-Japan Working Holiday Scheme Annual Quota Increased to Facilitate More Youth Employment

Image credit: ecjobsonline.com

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)