- This Policy statement provides information on the obligations and policies of HR In Asia in respect of an individual customer’s Personal Data. HR In Asia undertakes to use reasonable efforts in applying, where practicable, those principles and the processes set out herein to its operations.
- HR In Asia management, and members of staff shall use reasonable endeavours to respect the confidentiality of and keep safe any and all Personal Data collected and/or stored and/or disclosed and/or used for, or on behalf of HR In Asia. HR In Asia shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all collection and/or storage and/or disclosure and/or usage of Personal Data by HR in Asia shall be done in an appropriate manner and in accordance with the Act and this Policy.
- By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any products or services offered by us, you agree and consent to HR In Asia as well as to its respective representatives and/or agents (“Representatives”) (collectively referred to herein as “The Group”, “us”, “we” or “our”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to HR In Asia’s authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Privacy Statement.
- This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to us in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
2.Contacting the Data Protection Officer
- Where you legitimately request access to and/or correction of Personal Data relating to you, such Personal Data which is in the possession and control of HR In Asia, shall provide and/or correct that data in a reasonable time and manner in accordancewith its standard procedures as stated hereinafter.
- In accordance with the Act, HR In Asia has established a process for receiving and responding to any query or complaint that may arise with respect to the application ofthis Act. To ensure that HR In Asia receives your complaints and enquiries, please send the same via email to the Data Protection Officer (the “DPO”) of HR In Asia at the following email address: email@example.com
- Please note that if your personal data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a member via a referral process), you should contact that individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to HR In Asia on your behalf.
- Should you not wish HR In Asia to use your Personal Data for any of the purposes listed in Clauses 3.2 to 3.4, or not to receive promotional materials from HR In Asia, you may opt out by sending a clearly worded email to the DPO via the email address provided in Clause 2.2. Your request shall be processed within a reasonable time.
3.Statement of Practices
- The above Personal Data mentioned in Clause 3.1 is collected for the purposes of processing your application and registration of your information in the database of potential employees with HR In Asia and to ascertain if you are eligible for employment opportunites or other related purposes; to conduct market research and analysis; for direct marketing through voice calls; text messages; email; direct mail and facsimile messages; to notify you of any changes to our policies or services which may affect you; to respond to queries and feedback; for identification; and informing you of new developments, services, promotions of HR In Asia and other third parties which we are associated with Disclosure of Personal Data.
- In order to carry out the functions described above, HR In Asia may, from time to time, disclose your Personal Data between HR In Asia’s companies.
- Without derogating from any of the above, HR In Asia may also disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties: Regulators and law enforcement officials; Lawyers; Auditors; Third party service providers and consultants; Potential buyers or investors of HR In Asia or any of HR In Asia’s companies; and Any agent or subcontractor acting on HR In Asia’s behalf for the provision of HR In Asia’s services.
- HR In Asia may disclose your Personal Data to the above mentioned parties also in the occurrence of any of the following events: To the extent that HR In Asia is required to do so by the law; In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; To establish, exercise or defend HR In Asia’s legal rights; To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which HR In Asia is (or is contemplating) selling; To any person and/or entity for the purpose of processing such information on HR In Asia’s behalf; To third parties who provide services to HR In Asia or on its behalf; To any third party that purchases HR In Asia or HR In Asia’s business or any part of HR In Asia or HR In Asia’s business; With your consent; and For the purposes of disaster recovery.
- In some instances, you may also be requested to provide certain Personal Data that may be used to further improve HR In Asia’s products and services and/or better tailor the type of information presented to you. In most cases, this type of data is optional although, where the requested service is a personalized service, or provision of a product or dependent on your providing all requested data, failure to provide the requested data may prevent HR In Asia from providing the service to you. This type of data includes, but is not limited to: Your age; Gender; Salary range and employment details; Education and Profession; Hobbies and leisure activities; Other related products and services subscribed to; and Family and household demographics.
- Under certain circumstances, telephone calls made to any of HR In Asia’s companies to order and/or service hotlines and/or inquiry telephone numbers are recorded for the purposes of quality control, appraisal, as well as staff management and development. In such an event, by agreeing to this Policy, you hereby give your clear and unambiguous consent for the collection, use and disclosure of such Personal Data in accordance to this Policy.
4.Transfer of Personal Data Overseas
Accuracy of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data may be processed by HR In Asia, its affiliates, agents and third parties providing services to HR In Asia, in jurisdictions outside of Singapore. In this event HR In Asia will comply with the terms of the Act.
- Where possible, HR In Asia will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the use of check sum verification on some numeric fields such as account numbers or credit card numbers. In some instances, HR In Asia is able to validate the data provided against pre-existing data held by HR In Asia. In some cases, HR In Asia is required to see original documentation before we may use the Personal Data such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address. To assist in ensuring the accuracy of your Personal Data in the possession of HR In Asia, please inform us of any updates of any parts of your Personal Data by sending a clearly worded email to the DPO at the email address provided at Section 2.2.
Protection of Personal Data
HR In Asia uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data and will not knowingly allow access to this data to anyone outside HR In Asia, other than to you or as described in this Policy. However, HR In Asia cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to HR In Asia and you do so entirely at your own risk. In particular, HR In Asia does not warrant that such information may not be accessed, altered, collected, copied, destroyed, disposed of, disclosed or modified by breach of any of HR In Asia’s physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
- In accordance with Clause 2.1 of this Policy, you have the right to: a) check whether HR In Asia holds any Personal Data relating to you and, if so, obtain copies of such data; and b) require HR In Asia to correct any Personal Data relating to you which is inaccurate for the purpose for which it is being used.
- HR In Asia reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee in order to meet your requests under Clause 7.1. Upon payment of the requisite fee, your request shall be processed within a reasonable time.
- If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to HR In Asia or if you wish to check on the manner in which HR In Asia uses and process your personal data, HR In Asia’s security procedures mean that HR In Asia may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of full details of name, membership number and NRIC or Passport or Fin number.
Storage and Retention of Personal Data
HR In Asia will delete, as reasonably possible, or otherwise anonymise any Personal Data in the event that the Personal Data is not required for any reasonable business or legal purposes of HR In Asia and where the Personal Data is deleted from HR In Asia’s electronic, manual, and other filing systems in accordance with HR In Asia’s internal procedures and/or other agreements.
HR In Asia reserve the right to alter any of the clauses contained herein in compliance with local legislation and/or to meet its global policy requirements, and for any other purpose deemed reasonably necessary by HR In Asia. You should look at these terms regularly. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you should inform us as soon as possible of the terms to which you do not consent. Pending such notice, if there is any inconsistency between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. You hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
- This Policy only applies to the collection and use of Personal Data by HR In Asia. It does not cover third party sites to which we provide links, even if such sites are co-branded with our logo. HR In Asia does not share your Personal Data with third party websites. HR In Asia is not responsible for the privacy and conduct practices of these third party websites, so you should read their own privacy policies before disclosure of any Personal Data to these websites.
- HR In Asia will not sell your personal information to any third party without your permission, but we cannot be responsible or held liable for the actions of third party sites which you may have linked or been directed to HR In Asia’s website.
- HR In Asia’s websites do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 16 years old. HR In Asia does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 years old or send them requests for personal data.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)