Richard Riot: 587 companies found not implementing minimum wage

March 13, 20159:45 am377 views
Richard Riot: 587 companies found not implementing minimum wage
Richard Riot: 587 companies found not implementing minimum wage

KUALA LUMPUR: Some 587 of the 42,297 companies inspected were found to have not complied with the minimum wage policy as of Jan 31 this year, the Dewan Rakyat was told on Wednesday.

Human Resource Minister Datuk Seri Richard Riot (pic) said these employers were issued with the compliance notice.

He also said that 1,201 claims associated with the minimum wage were received and 276 of the cases or 23% were resolved in the Labour Court while the remaining 925 cases or 77% were being attended to by the ministry officers.

“Some 1,071 cases or 90% of 1,796 cases have been investigated over complaints of failure by employers to pay the minimum wage. Some 176 cases are being attended to by the Manpower Department.

“Some 177 prosecution papers were opened. Of these, 109 or 62% were given the go-ahead for prosecution.

“The compound fines imposed amounted to RM144,800,” he said when replying to a question from Abdullah Sani Abdul Hamid (PKR-Kuala Langat).

On industrial disputes involving the minimum wage, Riot said 17 of 49 such cases had been resolved through negotiations while 27 had been referred to the Industrial Court.

news source & image credits: thestar.com.my

Read more HR NEWS in ASIA

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)