Warner Bros. CEO Apologizes to Staff amid Misconduct Reports

March 13, 20199:51 am
Generic placeholder image


Warner Bros. Chief Executive Officer Kevin Tsujihara delivered an apology to his employees at the studio for personal mistakes that caused “pain and embarrassment”. The internal message was issued amid investigation on Tsujihara’s rumour of sexual relationship with an actress he helped to promote.

“I also deeply regret that these personal actions have caused embarrassment to the company and to all of you. I realized some time ago you are right to expect more from me and I set a course to do better,” he wrote.

Tsujihara, 54, acknowledged in the message that his employer is taking another look at his relationship with actress Charlotte Kirk. In a story this week, the Hollywood Reporter said Tsujihara arranged meetings between the actress and executives at Warner Bros. to discuss film and TV projects. He said the company will again hire an outside law firm to investigate, Bloomberg reports.

“I will fully cooperate with this investigation,” Tsujihara said in the note, adding human resources is available to discuss the matter with employees who need to talk.

Kirk, who was reportedly 21 years old when she met Tsujihara, appeared in two Warner Bros. movies, “How to Be Single” in 2016 and “Ocean’s 8” in 2018. She also auditioned for other projects at Warner Bros. and Millennium Films, the publication said, citing hundreds of leaked text messages.

The story followed Tsujihara’s promotion two days earlier in a shake-up at the company, which is now part of AT&T Inc. He was given added responsibility for the company’s kids and young-adult programming in addition to his job running Warner Bros. movie and TV production.

“Please don’t let my mistakes become a distraction,” he wrote. “It’s important that we all stay focused on our work.”

Read also: Singapore Listed the Most Millennial-Friendly City in Asia-Pacific